International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Vacancy: Nurse – Hagadera
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective: To provide holistic specialized or general nursing services to both inpatient and out patients within the hospital specialized unit or Health post.
The Nurse is directly responsible to the Hospital Nursing Officer In Charge and will carry out the following duties:
- The clinical nurse shall work in specific ward/Health post/specialized unit assigned and would therefore work as both supervisor and team leader of the national and refugee staff.
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during clinical procedures whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Carry out minor surgical procedures, screening, admissions, consultation, resuscitation and stabilization of clients in management of clinical emergencies.
- Provide effective reproductive health services based on all pillars of safe motherhood to ensure best maternal child outcome.
- Implement community health strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living while in the ward/clinic.
- Maintaining psychological well beings through reassurance to patients peri operative.
- Observe and maintain infection prevention policy daily and ensure safe work environment.
- Arrange and submit weekly/monthly ward or unit work schedule, plan daily duties and responsibilities for both national and refugee staff and leave plans to ensure adequate coverage.
- Convene ward/unit meetings and attend important hospital or department meetings.
- Escort patients during referral when necessary and facilitate acquisition of legal travel documents.
- Do hospital coverage and on-call as required.
- Participate in camp health surveys/campaigns as required.
Reporting and communication
- Compile and submit quarterly inventory return/requisition of all drugs and supplies.
- Conduct regular training session for national and refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases, documentation and infection prevention.
- Provide individualized health education and counseling related to health maintainance and disease prevention.
- Attend and facilitate Continuous Medical Education.
- Compile and submit weekly/monthly HIS reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies as well as maintain adequate supplies and buffer stock.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
International allowances are not available for this position.
Salary and other benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.