Intern – Investment Analyst
MWANZONI LTD is a Project and Programme Management company that supports clients in delivering projects successfully.
We guide our clients in making sound investment decisions based on their goals by providing services in market study, feasibility study, building economics, development finance modelling and organising project finance.
This includes advice on property leasing and management, facility management and estate management.
We are looking for a Real Estate Investment Analyst Intern who shall be engaged in analysing real estate opportunities and developing strategies for executing profitable real estate opportunities on behalf of our clients.
Job Summary: The internship is your opportunity to gain valuable work experience and on the job training while developing and demonstrating your skills in the real estate industry.
During your time with us you will assist team members by helping evaluate potential real estate investment opportunities, conduct market and portfolio analyses, learn about industry trends, assist in the development of investment summaries, and support the reporting of financial projections and investor return.
You will also undergo formal and informal training and participate in Client discussions & Investor pitches.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Researching, analysing and providing relevant information and recommendations regarding investment attractiveness of real estate projects;
- Conducting country, industry and capital markets research;
- Analysing and appraisal of all aspects of new investment proposals including financial, operational, commercial, legal, governance, environmental and social sustainability elements;
- Preparing reports and presentations for client use;
- Assist in the undertaking cutting-edge research within the real estate sector and drafting white papers;
- Financial modelling and data analysis for preparation of financial projections and evaluate development options;
- Identify potential sources of funding for the project and prepare business cases for attracting project finance;
- Review property listings, trade journals and relevant literature to remain knowledgeable about real estate market trends;
- Database management for all Projects, Clients & Investors.
- Minimization of risks
- Maximization of returns
- Detailed and carefully considered reviews, reports and research.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with clients
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in land economics, building economics, Economics, property management, valuation or any other property related degree;
- Knowledge in financial modelling;
- Experience with financial analysis preferred
- Skill/expertise in gathering and analysing data and trends and identifying gaps in data
- Experience in MS Excel is required
Skills and personal qualities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think and solve problems creatively
- Ability to successfully partner with team members from various departments and drive successful outcomes
- Innovative and Inquisitive
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, whilst still meeting deadlines and required quality standards
- Behave professionally and ethically at all times
- Strong financial and general business acumen;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to grasp concepts and learn quickly
- Attention to detail & outstanding time management skills
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org