Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We have launched one clinic in Nairobi and are currently expanding to other locations in the region.
We strive to be a data-driven company which improves its operational efficiency through informed decision making on the costs and pricing mechanisms in the health care market.
We are seeking to hire full – time Human Resource Manager with a passion for quality care.
Overall Purpose: Under minimal supervision is responsible for coordinating, and performing a variety of technical, administrative and supervisory duties related to personnel operations, employment, employee relations, employee benefits and educational service functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the Human Resource department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Advises administrative team on developing regulatory requirements and evaluation on implication of such regulations in a Hospital operation.
- Manages the employment policies of the hospital to assure compliance of all labor regulations. Provides counsel to management team on hospital policies and practices regarding employment issues.
- Manages the hospital benefit plans, including medical insurance, life insurance, pension, workers’ compensation, paid time off and leave policies, and makes policy recommendations designed to meet organizational objectives
- Prepares reports, and communication activities including newsletters, booklets, and brochures intended to educate staff regarding personnel policies and features of benefit programs
- Completes and files applicable for labor regulation, NSSF, NHIF and reports on employment and benefit plans
- Facilitates the employment process and acquisition of personnel. Directs the organizations recruitment and retention efforts.
- Develops strategy for recruitment of new employees.
- Processes pertinent employee documents and files including personnel action forms, employment requisitions, leaves of absence and termination notices.
- Provides information to employees regarding interpretation and explanation of hospital regulations, labor contracts, and personnel policies and procedures
- Develops and administers a job evaluation program to include continuous review of existing and new positions for appropriate classification
- Provides administrative direction for the development and delivery of education and training programs
- Conducts the monthly General Hospital Orientation program
- Evaluates and recommends systems that would increase the operating efficiency of the education, personnel and benefit functions of the hospital
- Plans and develops personnel programs to include the activities of labor relations, employment, wage and hour benefits and compensation
- Investigates causes of disputes and grievances and recommends correction action
- Hires, orients and evaluates personnel in assigned area
- Ensures that all Accreditation and Licensing Regulations are compiled with and enforced
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Business or Personnel Administration or related field, required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Should be an excellent team player and self-motivated
- Good communication skills and ability to interact well with client
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics with knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas.
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Human Resource Manager as the Email Subject by 28th April 2017.
Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details.