KCA University (KCAU) is a Chartered Business and Technology University committed to quality service and ethical practices. KCAU seeks to recruit a highly motivated and innovative candidate to fill the following position;
Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Manager
The person will be mainly responsible for Developing, Deploying and Supporting ICT infrastructure.
- Provide leadership and tactical direction for the department;
- Prepare tactical and operational plans for the ICT department to ensure that all ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the IT requirements;
- Plan, coordinate and provide tactical direction for all IT functions in the University;
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards;
- Establish efficient and effective ICT systems in the University;
- Integrate ICT into University’s operations and institutionalize automated systems for performance management;
- Establish and implement effective ICT risk management security and data recovery strategies for the University;
- Develop strategies to minimize the risk of data loss, breach of privacy and confidentiality for the University;
- Coordinate, monitor, implement and evaluate ICT programs and projects within the organization;
- Prepare ICT status reports in line with professional standards and guidelines.
- Undertake periodic review of the ICT system projects and procedures and recommend improvement;
- Coordinate development review and update existing policy regulations on ICT management;
- Prepare and execute medium and annual budget for the ICT department;
- Plan, manage and control the activities of ICT User Support Administrators, Labs’ Administrators and the Service Desk;
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time;
- Manage ICT staff by participating in recruitment, training, coaching and performance management of the employees;
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems;
- Maintain an active awareness and knowledge of new computing service developments;
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science / Information Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Technology / Electronics Engineering or its equivalence from a recognised institution
Professional Qualification & Training
- CISCO, ITIL, COBIT, MCSD, OCP, MCSE
- Strategic Leadership Development Program/Training for a duration of six(6) or more weeks from a recognized institution
- At least three years in Management position
- Over ten years of technical experience in ICT functions.
- Proven successful delivery as a project leader in a large ICT Systems Development, Implementation and integration project.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Creativity and innovativeness;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and supervisory skills;
- Must be a person of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae, certificates, cover letter stating their current and expected gross salary to the email below, addressed to Director, Human Resources not later than 31st March, 2017.
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.