The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB- Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position in is Caritas Kenya – Directorate.
Project Officer – Drought Emergency Relief
Purpose: The Drought Emergency Officer will ensure compliance with KCCB and donor policies, procedures and regulations, and KCCB’s Accountability Framework in the implementation of emergency response activities.
The incumbent will also be responsible for reporting to donors and KCCB members, and will be engaged in proposal development and fundraising.
The Drought Emergency Project officer will represent KCCB in relevant stakeholder’s forums to ensure coordination and collaboration with other agencies both at national and local levels.
To facilitate the Secretariat to contribute maximally in enhancement of National Food Security and Disaster Preparedness as well as in mitigating effects of national disasters
- Develops and coordinates national-level interventions of the Catholic Church in area of Food Security and Relief Services
- Provides technical assistance to the Diocesan Caritas in the areas of Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security
- Develops, as well as supports other agencies’, initiatives for enhancing food security in arid and semi-arid pastoralist regions and in semi-arid farming regions
- Develops and coordinates ongoing arrangements at national, metro and diocesan levels for Early Warning and Rapid Response on droughts, floods and other natural disasters
- Networks and collaborates with other churches, government agencies, and NGOs undertaking Food Security and Relief programmes
- Develops work-plans and oversees monitoring of programmes and projects
- Develops fundraising proposals and carries out resource mobilisation for the proposed activities
- Monitor, analyze and report on humanitarian developments, disaster preparedness, contingency planning, early warning and needs assessment.
- Establish and maintain contacts with government officials, other UN agencies in the area of emergency intervention and drought relief
- Review and provide advice on policy issues related to safeguarding humanitarian principles and ensuring the effective delivery of emergency preparedness programmes.