The Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) is a premier and flagship non-governmental human rights and governance institution in Africa that was founded in 1992 with a mandate of enhancing human rights centred governance at all levels.
Its founders and staff are among the foremost leaders and activists in struggles for human rights and democratic reforms in Kenya and beyond.
The KHRC conducts and provides evidence-based research and analysis on human rights in Kenya, advocates for the full realization of all rights and works with community-based networks across the country to help them organize and mobilize for the attainment of these rights.
The KHRC is seeking young graduates who are looking to gain practical experience in the field of Human Rights.
The successful interns will be spread across our programme and institutional support areas for a period of six (6) months.
At present internship applications are requested in the following programme areas:
Intern – Information Technology (IT)
Successful intern will be reporting to the Information Technology Assistant.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the above position should possess the following:
- Minimum university degree in Information Technology
- Have between 3 months to 1 year work exposure in an IT related field
- Excellent in written and spoken English & Swahili
- A valid certificate of good conduct
- Basic Networking skills
- Experience in Microsoft Server 2003 & 2008
- Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Exposure to help desk operations
- Trouble shooting skills
- All applicants must possess authorisation to work in Kenya prior to applying for this position.
- Excellent in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, and Research Skills
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated, possess the ability to follow standard operating procedures, are self-starters and functional problem solvers with the ability to learn.
Only those candidates that meet the above qualifications will be considered for the internship opportunities.
Candidates interested in this position should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover letter should include a brief overview of the candidate’s suitability for the role, including an outline of relevant past research and advocacy experience.
CVs should be a maximum 3 pages long and should include relevant past education and experience.
Candidates are encouraged to visit KHRC’s website to learn more about our work before applying: www.khrc.or.ke.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th March 2017.
Applications submitted past this date will not be considered.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: KHRC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and will recruit the most qualified person irrespective of race, marital status, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.