KWAL is looking for well-organized and highly motivated individuals who are result-oriented to fill the following position:
Procurement Supervisor – Sourcing
Function / Division: Supply Chain
Supervisor / Manager Title: Procurement Manager
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the job holder will be responsible for managing a world-class supplier network that provides superior value to KWAL by managing spend, creating sourcing strategies, negotiating commercial deals and contractual terms in line with the procurement policies and procedures.
Job Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for managing a world-class supplier network that provides superior value to KWAL by managing spend, creating sourcing strategies, negotiating commercial deals and contractual terms in line with the procurement policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with the user departments to define the product requirements, liaise with the other Departments/Units on their procurement requirements, and also ascertain supplies specifications as may be required.
- Set up and maintain administrative arrangements for effective and efficient contract management, including stakeholder communication, governance, and performance monitoring arrangements, payments and file/record management.
- Oversee the preparation and enforcement of detailed tender specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of goods, works and services in compliance with procedures and regulations.
- Oversee all supplier due diligence activities including supplier risk profiling to ensure a good knowledge of the supplier to minimize procurement risk
- Identify and manage key supplier relationships with the aim of long-term saving on procurement cost while upholding quality including negotiations on contracts.
- Undertake research into best practice contract management and adopt these practices in the contract management practices of the company after approval.
- Provide operational advice on concepts, policies and procedures for international, regional and local procurement and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Implement effective internal controls and ensure the proper design and functioning of ‘client-oriented’ procurement management systems.
- Review and handle the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all stages of the project cycle in consultation with the relevant departments.
- Conduct contractual monitoring to provide assurance of service delivery in line with strategy and contract and report on compliance and delivery performance.
- Continuously evaluate whether the procurements are at the best possible price in order to maximize profitability through market research.
- Develop and implement formal contingency sourcing plans as part of the business continuity planning framework for strategic commodities.
- Develop and maintain a framework for establishing and managing relationships with suppliers that enables supplier performance to be measured and improved continuously.
- Support the head of department in managing the human capital in the section through day to day supervision, performance management, training needs assessment and overall staff motivation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies or other relevant field.
- A professional qualification in supplies management will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years’ experience in procurement in a similar environment, two (2) of which must be in strategic sourcing in an FMCG environment.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
Competencies / Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to independently resolve complex problems in a timely manner with little guidance from management.
- Ability to draft, write and negotiate vendor contracts and agreements.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- High integrity.
Relationships and working contacts
- Internal – Management, procurement staff.
- External – Vendors, suppliers.
- This is an office based role.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your updated CV with email & telephone contacts of three professional referees and the application letter quoting the Reference number & Title of the position as the subject and your current Salary to :
The Human Resources Director,
to be received not later than March 29, 2017.
Do not attach any certificates/scanned documents to your application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KWAL is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.