Duma Works is recruiting a Lab Technician on behalf of one of our clients. The company is one of the leading suppliers of construction chemicals in Kenya.
Job Purpose is to ensure adherence of quality specifications for all incoming and outgoing materials / products.
General Responsibilities / Duties:
- Analyzing of all in-coming raw materials and packaging materials as per the laid down procedures.
- Carrying out analysis of all semi-finished & finished products.
- Report all non-compliances to the respective authorities for immediate action.
- Analysis of all market samples, proper documentation and storage of the samples.
- Management of high standard of hygiene in the laboratory and ensure good laboratory practices are followed.
- Shall be responsible for record keeping and proper filing of all quality related records as per the ISO standards.
- Factory hygiene and sanitation inspections (including hand & machine swabs).
- Inspection of all market returns and give reports.
- Any other duty allocated.
Skills & Competencies:
- Should possess a diploma/ certificate/ degree in Analytical Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry or similar field
- Should have at least 3 to 5 years work experience in quality department as a laboratory technician with experience in concrete related products/construction chemicals.
- Report writing skills.
- Should have a track record of managing and supervising a team in the department before.
- Training in either of the ISO standards is an added advantage.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2543”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2543 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th March 2017