Our Client a law firm, based in Nairobi is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant.
The ideal candidate must be Guajarati, Hindu or Punjabi speaking.
- Liaise with and work under the instructions of the partners and accountant
- Processing Invoices, payments, requests for payment as per company procedure
- Handling and writing cheques
- Managing and posting petty cash transactions
- Carry out posting to and reconciliation of all office and client accounts
- Verification of ledgers and accounts for errors and making corrections as per the system
- Maintenance of General Ledger
- Maintenance of Spreadsheets
- Preparation of Journal Entries
- Dealing with customer queries and issues
- Handling VAT and Statutory deduction returns etc
- Provision of financial information for audit purposes when needed
- Preparation of accounts to Trial Balance stage
- Any other accounting duties that may arise on a daily basis
- Must be able to use QuickBooks
- Minimum Five years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, i.e. QuickBooks and spreadsheets
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system and policy updates
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area
- Ability to communicate effectively
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs 125,000 gross
Deadline: 30th April 2017
To apply, please follow the link; http://bit.ly/2nd08PT
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***