Empowering micro-entrepreneurs to deliver life-changing products to the doorsteps of the poor.
Senior Advisor, Government Partnerships
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Global Partnerships
The Organization: Living Goods (LG) aims to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved people by transforming community health services across the developing world. We have developed a model that has been independently proven to reduce child mortality by 26%.
We continue to realise these results at a net cost of less than $2 per person per year. Our goal now is to achieve multi-national scale and to truly create systemic change. It is clear that success will require us to do more than grow our operations. We must also scale through large, strategic partnerships with NGOs and with government.
LG presently works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current and former partners include BRAC, Care International, the Clinton Foundation, Marie Stopes, and PSI.
We seek to build on this success and in a big way particularly working more closely with Governments. That’s where you come in!
The Opportunity: LG seeks an innovative and dynamic leader to join our team in the new role of Senior Advisor, Government Partnerships. To scale our impact and achieve our mission, Living Goods cannot go it alone.
We must partner with other local and international NGOs and governments to implement our model; and we must expand and strengthen our relationships with institutional funders, corporations and other stakeholders.
The Senior Advisor, together with other members of our Partnerships team, will pioneer, develop and manage many of these partnerships with a particular focus on governments and policy development.
This is an exciting new opportunity and one that is squarely positioned both at the heart of Living Goods’ strategy, and at the leading edge of our drive towards transformative change.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, results-focused professional with vision and entrepreneurial spirit. This role can be based in either Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda and will report to the Director of Global Partnerships. Up to 50% travel can be expected.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in strategic partnerships at senior management level with 5 years minimum experience in policy engagement with senior government planners.
- Experience of providing technical assistance in the health sector.
- Emerging markets experience, preferably in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Background in management consulting and public health, a major plus.
- Superior proposal development skills targetting large funders (e.g. USAID, DFID, Global Fund, Gates Foundation, corporates, etc.)
- Experience of driving organizational strategy as member of a senior management team.
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at senior levels of government and with a range of stakeholders.
- Master’s degree ideally in Public Health, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, or Law.
How to apply:
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity.
The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Life at Living Goods: Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Senior Advisor, Government Partnerships through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us @Living_Goods