Longhorn Publishers, a leading firm with a strong presence in East Africa region whose core business is publishing and distributing educational and leisure publications, wishes to recruit dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following post on contract:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant (One post)
Job Description: This position is for performing confidential administrative clerical duties relating to organizing and coordinating procurement activities, review and distribution of information to include: Request for Proposals (RFP’s), formal bids, price quotations, annual maintenance agreements and blanket purchase orders.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail;
- Organize all procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy; follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department; identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Process requisitions into LPOs
- Receive, open, screen, log and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organize bids for review by the procurement committee.
- Maintain and update professional library publications.
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry, and opening mail.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments as requested; respond to inquiries which do not require the personal attention of the Procurement officer or any other senior officer.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and pricing information.
- Assist in answering incoming calls.
For appointment to this position, one must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognized institution.
- A diploma in procurement or supply chain.
- Membership to a professional body such as KISM will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant experience procurement or supply chain
If you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications given, submit your application letter and current CV indicating the job title on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than Monday 3 April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.