Job Title: Business Development Manager
Role Introduction: Our client, a leading company within manufacturing based in Kisumu, seeks to engage and hire a Business Development Manager professional responsible for defining the long-term organisational strategic goals, building customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing a rapport with new clients, and setting targets for sales and providing support that will continually improve the relationship;
- Growing and retaining existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients working with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff;
- Cold calling as appropriate within the market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities;
- Arranging and participating in internal and external client debriefs. Prospecting for potential new clients and turn it into increased business;
- Attending industry functions, such as construction and contractors events and conferences, and providing feedback and information on market and creative trends;
- Identifying opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales;
- Submitting monthly progress reports and ensuring data is accurate;
- Presenting business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff;
- Participating in pricing of the products and service.
- Strong Commercial Acumen;
- Persuasion and Negotiation Skills;
- Networking Skills;
- Leadership and People Development;
- Operational Excellence and Drive for Results;
- Communication and Relationship Building.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field from a recognized university;
- 3-5 years’ demonstrable experience in sales or marketing;
- Project Management;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Prior experience in the field of mining and manufacturing is desirable.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit
and apply online by 5pm 7th April, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.