Duma Works is recruiting a Graphic Designer / DTP Operator for one of its clients.
The recruiting firm is a reputable manufacturing firm in East Africa.
Job Purpose: This job uses specialized computer software to make sure that printed materials are well designed, attractive and easy to read.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing briefs for the company as required
- Researching to identify trends in style, color and design
- Producing graphics such as diagrams, charts and tables
Skills and Competencies
- Must be conversant with Adobe Illustrator software
- Have excellent computer skills and knowledge
- Be creative, with an eye for good design
- Able to prioritize a varied workload
- Work well under pressure and to strict deadline
- Be flexible and able to adapt quickly to new creative briefs
- Work methodically and pay attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Able to follow a design brief closely and accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to competently exercise judgment in scheduling the time-resource for completing assigned projects on time.
- Excellent communication skills verbal, written and presentation.
- Skills in typography (the style and appearance of printed matter), composition and color.
- Diploma in graphic design or related course
- Knowledge in Desktop publishing is an added advantage
- Competences in design software such as Adobe Illustrator software
- Presence of online portfolio and/or any other demo work is an added advantage in this application.
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design
- Clear Vision
- Clear Hearing
- Sound Mind
Send your Cover Letter, CV and detailed portfolio to email@example.com marking the subject as “2748”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2748 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th April 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.