Duma Works is recruiting a Marketing Manager for our client in Nairobi.
The job holder will be responsible for running marketing initiatives for a leading online food ordering platform.
- Create and manage marketing communications activities designed to generate brand awareness, reinforce brand identity and drive demand in order to accomplish country targets.
- Coordinate media relations outreach activities including preparation and editing of media materials such as press releases and fact sheets and archive and analyze company’s coverage in the media.
- Handle day-to-day social media management and manage all company’s online and offline campaigns with clear analytic structures in place.
- Participate in relevant discussion across communities, social networks & blogs.
- Improve marketing messaging, user experience and other aspects of the company’s website in conjunction with our web developer.
- Help design and coordinate company’s creative events that build the company’s brand in the market and drive customer and partner demand.
- Create engaging blog entries and contribute to other blogs as a guest writer.
- Write copy for marketing materials and customize materials for specific events/campaigns.
- Create and execute on a country-level marketing plan that includes a monthly marketing calendar and budget.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual marketing reports.
PR and Communication
- Devise press strategies and provide communications guidance related to company’s brand.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners and influencers in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Distribute press releases to a database of relevant local journalists and bloggers.
- Represent the company at events and strategically position the company for brand visibility.
- Record and edit promotional videos and generate photography of entrepreneurs and the organization’s core activities.
- Degree/Masters in Marketing or business related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience managing multiple accounts
- Proven experience in customer and market research
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2710”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2710 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 5th April 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.