Medical Doctors – Healthcare
Our client, a Kenya-based social enterprise that combines business and clinical innovations to create a fully self-sustaining and scalable chain of maternity clinics is looking for Medical Doctors to join their team.
Location: Kahawa West, Nairobi.
Job Summary: We are seeking to hire full/part- time Medical Doctor specialized in Obstetrics Gynecology. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer.
The Doctor will primarily be responsible for providing quality clinical services to our clients, program coordination and research.
- Assess, monitor and provide clinical appropriate care (medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Complete documentation, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Coordinate and discuss planned care with the patient and other team professionals as appropriate.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all staff and patients.
- Ensure that patients are kept fully informed of and understand all procedures and treatments to be undertaken. Informed Consent will be obtained from patients in accordance with the hospital policy.
- The Medical Doctor will take an active role in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Maintain patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaise with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Supervise Doctor on Call team
- Will be required to report on-call ( off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled
- Ensure that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurate
- Provide educational and clinical experience for clinical staff.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources in medical services.
- The Medical Doctor will keep abreast with trends, developments and the appropriate utilization of technology in the field of medical care on a regular and ongoing basis and coordinate clinical research and programmatic initiatives.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Specialized in Obstetrics and Gynecology preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 5th April 2017
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.