Job Title: Human Resource Officer – Microfinance Bank
Our client is a microfinance bank targeted at Microbusinesses and SME’s to provide working capital, facilitate technological improvements and business innovations.
They are looking to hire a competent HR Officer who will be responsible for handling administrative tasks as it relates to recruitment and selection, salary and benefits administration, leave management, reward management, training and development, and health, safety and welfare program ensuring compliance to internal and local employment regulatory policies, procedures and practices.
- Coordinates advertising of vacant positions internally and with the local employment agencies and newspapers.
- Receives applications and lists applicants on a control sheet, setting out name, date the application was received and actions taken and submits the same to the finance and admin. Manager.
- Administers tests and submits results to the finance manager for interpretation.
- Obtains references and conducts background check for successful applicant.
- Schedules induction of new employees and the new employee’s immediate superior who will run through the main points of the Employee Handbook and carry out a detailed induction, respectively.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures that files are up to date.
- Tracks and records absences, lateness, under time and overtime to ensure that appropriate deduction are applied. Maintains and updates leave taking records
- Prepares and submits on time required employee related reports in compliance to legal regulatory and statutory regulations (e.g. income tax, health, pension, etc).
- Processes maternity, sickness and loan benefits of employees with the appropriate agencies.
- Assist the HR Manager in disseminating training schedule and program to appropriate employees.
- Monitors the training expenses against the budget and submits reports to the finance and admin. Manager.
- Designs post-training evaluation forms.
- Consolidates post-training evaluation results and prepares and submits evaluation report to the HR Manager.
- Assists in conducting Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and development of appropriate training program.
- Prepares training materials and other logistical requirements.
- Drafts the training schedule and budget and submits the same to the Human Resource Manager for approval procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree OR Diploma from a reputable university or college
- Professional HR qualification from the Institute Of Human Resources Management
- At least 4 years’ experience in human resource administration
- At least 1 year experience in organising training activities
- Knowledge of recruitment, employment practices, training and development, remuneration and benefits, pension and retirement plans, and employee relations
- Knowledge of related statutory compliance regulations, employment and labour laws, tax laws and HR principles
- Knowledge of General Banking Act or Financial Services Act and local legal regulations
- Knowledge of lending and transformation products and services
- Excellent organisation, time, work and self management skills and can work under pressure
- Ability to act with initiative in all matters and handle confidential information
- Ability to interpret documents and understand HR administration procedures
- Ability to monitor and assess achievements against performance targets and quality standards
- Ability to motivate others by personal modeling, professional credibility, and trust
- Ability to handle difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Human Resource Officer – Microfinance Bank) to email@example.com before 6th April 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted