Job Vacancy: Quality Engineer
Description: Designed, engineered, and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Versatile, rugged, and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking a long term commitment from an exceptional and experienced automotive professional to support operations and engineering by identifying process improvement opportunities within production.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for quality audits execution in addition to ensuring quality standards are achieved and maintained.
The role will require a close working relationship with the venture’s Technical and Operations Teams towards root cause analysis.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Execute actions from design reviews.
- Implement the quality plan.
- Develop vehicle quality standards and ensure they are up to date and relevant.
- Deploy quality tools to quality operations plus relevant training/coaching.
- Track and monitor corrective actions implementation within the production plant.
- Co-approve quality operations standardized work to ensure content and details are correct and applicable.
- Support and monitor manufacturing engineering with PFMEA actions.
- Conduct process audits to drive product quality.
- Lead continuous improvement actions to improve product quality & process efficiencies.
- Carry out root cause analyses on field issues and implement corrective & preventive actions.
- Take a champion role in promoting, coaching, teaching and living Lean Manufacturing principles.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in engineering and operations management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess a strong skill set in leading multi-function teams, defining operations strategy and identifying continuous improvement opportunities along with experience in managing global suppliers, production line configurations and quality engineering processes – within the automotive industry.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing/Production Engineering, Quality Management or similar.
- 3+ years (Degree) related experience in quality engineering, mechanical engineering, production line operations – preferably with a in major automotive company.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of quality methods and tools. This includes but is not limited to 8D, PFMEA, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Controls, Measure System Analysis, and Gage R&R.
- Aptitude for conflict resolution, negotiation and creating positive outcomes.
- Creative and persistent problem solver; excellent analytical and thinking skills with a highly refined work ethic who is able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Maintains a steady focus on objectives and tasks – ability to plan and organize activities autonomously.
- Exceptional persistence and endurance to overcome significant challenges.
- Excellent problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems and components.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to teach basic problem solving techniques and facilitate problem solving team events.
- You may be required to travel locally or internationally from time to time, possibly on short notice.
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com