The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will effectively add value by enabling excellent patient care and shaping the best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Section Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Processing prescription correctly and accurately for both in/outpatients.
- Giving accurate drug information to patients, wards and other user departments.
- Assisting in preparation and labelling of extemporaneous preparations for in/outpatients.
- Participating in drug stocking in the pharmacies & drug stock taking.
- Checking the expiry dates of pharmacy drugs and ensuring compliance with the short Expiry Drug Policy.
- Participating in the formulation and implementation of hospital policies on drug use and pharmacy standard operating procedures
- Participating in the ward pharmacy service.
- Assisting in chemotherapy dispensing and reconstitution in strict accordance with cytoxic handling policy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Two (2) years’ experience post enrolment
- Enrolment with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Possession of valid annual practising license.
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
Nairobi – 00100
OR e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be received not later than 29th March 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.