The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will effectively add value by enabling excellent patient care and shaping the best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Chief Physiotherapist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Conducting initial evaluation and assessment of patients having physical disabilities, disorders or injuries.
- Selecting and administering appropriate tests to evaluate range of motion, neuromuscular status, pain and physical functional ability
- Review medical file of patient for information pertinent in aiding evaluation.
- Come up with correct diagnosis
- Identifying treatment goals and appropriate therapy techniques and equipment to achieve goals.
- Planning for the most efficient and most effective treatment regime
- Carrying out the rehabilitative program and designate the party to carry out treatment plan.
- Conducting regular evaluation of patients to assess progress and response to therapy, revise treatment program as necessary to achieve goals.
- Participating in treatment team, e.g. Doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, other physiotherapists meeting to provide information regarding patient assessment to discuss treatment program or to coordinate treatment goals and programs.
- Advise and recommend to referring doctors on necessary interventions and or change of management.
- Develop treatment plan to be followed by patient after discharge and advice the importance of continuing physiotherapy after discharge and to organize their physiotherapy appointments.
- Instructing patient, families and other professionals in treatment techniques and exercise outlined in the program.
- Write initial reports of results on evaluation of patients physical condition and prepare written treatment plan.
- Providing statistical information by preparing year end summaries on patients treated and their conditions and progress.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Physiotherapy.
- 1 year of practice.
- Registered with the Kenya society of Physiotherapists
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
Nairobi – 00100
OR e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be received not later than 29th March 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.