National Bank of Kenya
Job Ref No. HR/024/17
Position Title:- AML / CFT Compliance Manager
Available Positions: One (1)
Reporting to:Head of Compliance
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Banks business units in the implementation of the Proceeds of Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2009 (revised, 2012) and other related legislations and regulations, through delivering a robust and comprehensive ML/CFT framework capable of identifying, monitoring and reporting on the ML/CFT risks.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of the Department’s AML/CFT compliance monitoring function, including leadership of others and representing the Department in engagements with partner agencies and key sector stakeholders.
- Provide advice and technical expertise to support effective strategic and business planning.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s AML/CFT strategy and outcomes, in line with relevant legislation.
- Work closely with the Head of Compliance to co-ordinate the development of the team’s work program and operational practices, ensuring they reflect Bank strategy and are deliverable within the available resources.
- Develop, advise and implement policies and procedures designed to deter Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in line with best practice
- Undertake reviews of business units including analyzing monthly reports and other documentation to assess compliance to the AML/CFT Act.
- Identity/detect and report suspicious transactions, and produce compliance monitoring reports with appropriate recommendations.
- Conduct continuous training toall employees to create awareness on Anti-Money Laundering & combating financing of terrorism policies and procedures.
- Build effective relationships with the regulators and other stakeholders, such as industry groups (KBA) to appropriately influence AML/CFT compliance.
- Identify and actively manage business risks, reporting on AML related risks and escalating action where appropriate.
- Develop and promote risk-based tools/monitoring systems,implement effective problem solving techniques to manage AML/CFT risks& maintain the AML related database for the Bank
- Contribute to the risk profiling of the clients/customers and the AML/CFT Risk Assessments Model.