National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: System Developer
Job Ref No.HR/021/17
Available Positions: One (1)
Reporting to: Manager, Application Development
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for the detailed analysis, design and development of In-house systems, as well as maintaining and supporting applications within the department.
- Integrating existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together
- Design and code reports/returns according to user specification with the key objective of delivering reports and providing test systems for users to test reports before being put on the live system.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup.
- Developing existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for modification
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities, develop and implement data models and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users, highlighting technical requirements, carry-out analysis of the requirements and recommend solutions
and code the system (web, desktop and mobile applications) or interface according to user specification, carry out technical user training and roll-out piloted interfaces and systems to the bank’s branches and users.
- Provide test systems for UAT and ensure that functions/features are tested before being put on the live system.
- Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Secure systems by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the Bank.
- Deal with queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly.
- Attend to systems failures and resolve or coordinate the resolution of the problem promptly
- Collect information & liaise with software vendors to resolve systems issues and escalation as required, as well as document issues to enable software vendor support.
- Adhere to change control procedures in implementing solutions.