Our client, a not-for-profit, organization whose mission is to reach Kenyan students through learning initiative and providing educational materials is looking for an Office Administrator.
Location: Garden Estate, Nairobi.
Start date: Immediate.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing professional administrative support, writing Grant proposal for targeted donors and providing logistical support to the organization, partners, and the general public.
- Ensure foundation is duly registered and compliant with the relevant NGO agencies.
- Fundraising for educational initiatives.
- Research and write grants/proposals for targeted donors (Bill & Melinda Foundation, Chan Zuckerberg
- Initiative, USAID, Clinton Global Initiative. etc.
- Plan strategies and implement the organization’s services and projects.
- Serve as a representative in the organization while attending charitable programs.
- Research for new companies that can be the source of funds.
- Document new policies and fill in documents to create organizational charts and other archives.
- Participate and attend meetings with their sponsors and other government official.
- Possess a wide knowledge regarding the rules and policies of non-government agencies, tax and others.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- At least three years’ work experience in a similar/related position.
- Degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences, Community Development or related field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrable experience, particularly in the grant proposal and social work.
- Good verbal and written communication, with excellent command of English and Swahili languages (written and oral)
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and writing skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good planning and prioritizing skills to be responsive to changing demands and priorities.
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 24th March 2017
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.