Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Dadaab (Kenyan Nationals Only) – Kenya – Kenya
Norwegian Refugee Council
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counseling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab.
The M & E Assistant will assist the M&E Officer in the information management of NRC’s program in Dadaab by processing data generated by assessments and project progress monitoring; keeping the M&E system updated with information obtained from program staff; and production of overall Area M&E reports.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will report to the M & E Officer – Dadaab.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY ON LINE BY GOING THROUGH www.nrc.no. EMAIL AND PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Work closely with WASH, Education, ICLA, FSL, Distribution and Protection field teams to assist with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for M&E related reports
- Conduct and support regular surveys for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Supporting the Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism
- Assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports and draft the regular projects’ M&E report
- Assist in the establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring system
- Assist with documentation of the projects, including project inputs and outputs (e.g. assessments, compiling beneficiary lists, recording construction progress, education activity attendance, etc.)
- Assist in data analysis for compilation of quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports
- Maintain and update the Area M&E database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing
- Assist in making data entry forms and reports as required
- Support collection and maintenance of geographic baseline and thematic data
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; and prepare the required of statistical charts, tables and reports
- Assist with the production of maps and other geographic information products
- Liaise with United Nations agencies and other humanitarian partners to ensure that the information needed to support humanitarian operations is generated and made easily available.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Ability to make quick and smart judgments in recommending alternative solutions within changed ground scenarios
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
- Good understanding of various donors’ requirements
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Goal oriented, with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is up to December 2017. Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.