Job Description: Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the organization
Duties and responsibilities: Include but not limited to formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources
Skills / Character Traits
- Leadership – Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Dependability – Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Initiative – Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Stress Tolerance – Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Self Control – Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Integrity – Being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail – Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Achievement/Effort – Establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Cooperation – Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Empathy – Being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Persistence – Persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Independence – Developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Innovation – Creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Social Orientation – Preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
Other Core Skills Required: Communication Skills, Self Confidence, Decisiveness & Problem Solving Ability
- A Minimum of a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related courses.
- A minimum experience of 3 years in management.
- Managerial qualifications are an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Basic Computer Packages
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ indicating the job title “Operations Manager ” on the subject line by 2nd April 2017.