Position: Key Account Manager – Corporate Sector
Reporting to: Sector Manager
Department: Enterprise Division
Role Purpose: He/she will oversee consultative selling and retention of existing key accounts within the Assigned Sector as well as conceptualisation, planning, development and implementation of end to end account management plan for a sustainable long-term business relationship between the assigned accounts and Telkom Kenya Ltd.
He/She will build and manage customer relationship in an efficient and profitable manner to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention and to facilitate organic growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key Contact Person: Be the lead point of contact for all matters specific to the customers within the defined account portfolio and develop a trusted advisor relationship with the customers.
- Account Development: Ensure overall account management and development through account development plans so as to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with a view to maximize the lifetime value of the customer.
- New Sales Opportunities: Meet and exceed sales targets by developing long-term relationships within the targeted customers and by identifying upselling and cross-selling opportunities within existing accounts.
- Revenue growth: Ensure overall revenue growth within his/her target market list through churn reduction.
- Internal Stakeholder Coordination: Manage and work with the expanded TKL team to provide overall account strategy and direction regarding; opportunity risk assessment, recommendations and implementing planned contingencies.
- Customer Satisfaction: Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs as well as timely resolution of customer after sales issues / conflicts
- Sector Market Intelligence: Consolidate and share internal strategy improvement and market positioning of all the customer feedback and market intelligence gathered by self within the Assigned Sector.
- Cash & Collections: complement company’s efforts in ensuring that billed revenues translate to cash by managing the accounts reconciliation, ensuring prompt settlement, accelerating dispute resolution and debt collection from customers.
- Contract Renewals: Manage contract renewals and proposal responses. Develop and deliver unsolicited renewal proposals with clearly articulated value propositions to the customers.
- Customer Improvement Programs: Ensure that customers are contacted where required and the customer improvement programs related to your assigned sector/customers are completed in time.
- External / Customer Engagement: Develop multi-level and multi-functional relationships to drive solutions that are innovative and provide value / benefit relative to the customer’s respective business needs; deepen and widen relationships with a long term focus.
- Reporting: Ensure accuracy and timeliness in reporting the key account metrics
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or other relevant field (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in high value consultative selling
- Relationship management experience preferably within major accounts