Job Vacancy: Part Time Assistant Program Coordinator
About the Agency: Partnering for Progress (P4P) is a USA-based NGO that is dedicated to ensuring residents in developing countries have access to health care, education, sanitation, clean water and economic development.
We believe that through empowerment, collaboration, commitment, sustainability and accountability there will be long lasting impact.
Partnering with local, regional and international organizations as well as government agencies is crucial to realize effective change and self-reliance.
We are seeking a part time staff person to assist in the implementation of P4P programs in Kopanga/Giribe, Kenya.
The person selected for the position would act as a Contractor to perform duties detailed under the Scope of Work section.
Estimated time required is 20 hours per week. Contractor shall report to Program Coordinator, Seth Okumu (Kenya), and Executive Director, Dia Maurer (USA).
The Assistant Program Coordinator is an at-will contractor engaged by P4P. The Assistant Coordinator is to serve as a liaison – in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, the Program Coordinator – for P4P among partners including individuals, clinics, CHVs, Government personnel and agencies, the Community Based Organization (CBO), community leaders, local non-profits, schools, and water committees to ensure the seamless implementation of P4P Board approved programs.
Scope of Work
- Assist in the implementation of all P4P programs and initiatives including health, water/sanitation, education, economic development and community relationship building.
- In cooperation with the Program Coordinator, strengthen relationships with all partners in Kenya, communicating information both to and from Kenya and P4P.
- With the Program Coordinator, monitor assessment of strengths and needs for the Kopanga/Giribe area, sharing community-identified concerns.
- Develop proposals for needed community programs including costs and benefits.
- Coordinate CBO membership, attend meetings, and ensure quality communication between the CBO membership and P4P.
- Assist in the collection of baseline and outcome data using survey techniques and appropriate qualitative and quantitative measurements. Facilitate gathering statistics for program implementation and outcome measurements (Kenyan Government, Water, Education, Economic Development and Health programs).
- Maintain meticulous accounting and business records for program oversight, evaluation and audit. Working with the Program Coordinator, scan and send receipts to Administrative Coordinator and Executive Director promptly (by the end of each month). Respond promptly to requests for additional information and documentation via email.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and recommend changes to improve efficacy to Program Coordinator.
- Assist in facilitating transportation, housing, and logistics for P4P visiting teams twice per year.
- Provide a written report of progress and monthly summary to the Executive Director on or before the 5th of each month to facilitate information sharing with Board and Committees.
- Maintain confidentiality surrounding personal and medical records as well as financial contributions.
- Provide stories and pictures to assist in fund raising efforts of P4P. Ability to send photographs and electronic documents. Ability to use Skype.
- Communicate at least weekly to Program Coordinator and respond to all questions within 5 business days. Communicate at least monthly to Executive Director via email and phone conference.
- Enhance the mission of P4P in Kopanga/Giribe through effective communication, coordination, and program implementation.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator and/or Executive Director.
Partnering for Progress: www.partneringforprogress.org