Job Title: Program Leader – International Relations and Diplomacy
Role Introduction: Our client, a leading and fast growing private university seeks to engage and hire a Senior Lecturer – International Relations and Diplomacy.
The highly skilled and proficient professional will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in the School of Diplomacy and International Relations; planning and co-ordinating lectures and spear heading innovative technologies to ensure the institution maintains a competitive edge.
Reporting to the Dean of School, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership in the development of appropriate curricular, resources, marking policies, assessment and learning strategies in the School of Diplomacy and International Relations;
- Delivering instructor led sessions, monitoring student progress during training, providing support and advice to enable the students to gain competence in the units taught;
- Actively monitoring and responding to the School’s curriculum development initiatives at international, regional and local levels;
- Working with the School of Diplomacy and International Relations subject matter experts and other colleagues to develop and or enhance training documentation to support the delivery of the Degree and Diploma Program;
- Actively participating in the development and implementation of the sales and marketing strategy to ensure sustainable enrolment of students at the University;
- Developing or enhancing the School of Diplomacy and International Relations training documentation to support in-house and at client site training events;
- Managing the relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintaining appropriate communication with them. Acting as a subject area expert and participating in providing advice and support for new projects while continuously transforming and improving operational efficiency of the School of Diplomacy.
- Business Acumen;
- Planning and Organising Skills;
- Academic Leadership and Relationship Management;
- Deciding and Initiating Action;
- Strong Communication and Negotiation Skills;
- Relating and Networking.
- Creative and Innovative;
- Have an earned PhD in International Relations related disciplines from a recognized University;
- Should be able to meet the requirements for the position as per the Harmonized Criteria and Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion of Academic Staff in Universities in Kenya which can be found on the Commission for University Education’s website;
- Proven ability to develop and manage public and private sector linkages and partnerships;
- Expert knowledge in their field as well as relevant experience and the ability to teach, using a variety of student learning approaches, on a range of academic and professional programmes;
- Action oriented person with excellent writing skills as well as a proven track record of effective administration and research experience.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, apply online http://altimaafrica.com/careers.php by 5pm, 21st March, 2017.
East African nationals and those eligible to work in Kenya are particularly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.