Job Title: Procurement Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Summary: Responsible for the procurement requirements of the business by procuring and ensuring timely availability of quality goods and services at the most competitive cost and contribute to the overall plant objectives, and to provide general procurement support to the Procurement team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sourcing of general goods and services for the plant, through quotation, evaluation, negotiation and recommend for award.
- Analyze quotes based on lowest cost of supply before recommending for purchase.
- Market research to ensure that we at all times source goods competitively and ensure availability and alternatives in case of non-availability of particular items that are critical to our operations.
- Generation and presentation of Procurement related information for the business and strategic purposes. To include commodity price analysis, costs and volume figures, procurement plants and strategies.
- Innovation through development of more optimal and sustainable supply sources aimed at making a bottom line profit savings for the overall business.
- Implementation of procurement procedures, policy, and documentation fully met on order processing and delivery of goods and services.
- Coordinate timely deliveries of all goods and services that have been fully authorized, and to develop long sustainable relationships with procurement stakeholders.
- Attend and take part in plant and production planning for parts and services.
- On monthly basis ensure accurate and timely processing of moth end closing of orders.
- Procure goods and services in an environmentally responsible manner by ensuring all resources are utilized effectively and efficiently. To adhere to KISCOL environmental policy.
- Participate in all plant safety activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies management
- Diploma in CIPS
- At least three years’ experience in procurement.
This position requires someone with the following competencies: Excellent Negotiating skills, Team Player, Attention to accuracy, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality.
Kindly send your Application letter and CV as a one word document indicating a daytime telephone contact to email@example.com
To be considered, your application must be received on/before the 17th March 2017.