Duma Works is recruiting a Program and Evaluation Director for our client in Nairobi.
The organisation empowers educators by developing leaders who will transform opportunities for the next generation.
They focus on coaching and training school leaders with a target to reach 50,000 students and influence international education policy and practice over the next five years.
The Program and Evaluation Director position is an incredible opportunity for a creative and ambitious manager and designer to lead a team towards these ambitious goals.
About The Position: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program and Evaluation Director will have operational responsibility for all programs from design to evaluation.
The Program Director will initially develop deep knowledge about each program component’s content and execution, and will focus on the following two areas:program leadership and learning and evaluation.
A key aspect of this position is managing three staff members, each of whom deliver key contributions with supporting staff.
- Exercise strategic decision-making on team priorities and opportunities
- Lead the development and implementation of the Learning and Evaluation framework, indicators, and tools to measure the effectiveness of the organisation’s interventions and performance against goals
- Spearhead the design, launch, and implementation of the organisation’s new program model focused on developing and coaching school leaders
- Lead learning and evaluation initiatives to continuously improve and document lessons learned, impact, and return on investment
- Act as thought partner and support to the Executive Director in determining and implementing organizational priorities
- The organisation’s programs catalyze long-term, sustainable change and growth.
- The organisation can accurately measure and track progress in school leaders, teachers, students, and partner schools.
- Ensure that team members develop professional skills and are meeting their job requirements
- Support the Program Team in devising and implementing a strategy to provide transformational professional development and continuous support to staff in order to push internal learning and growth
- In close consultation with the Executive Director, determine staffing needs, compensation and contracts, and other talent management priorities
- Ensure effective project planning and accountability processes on the team
- Create and manage coordination & communication structures to ensure team resources are aligned and focused
- With support from the Executive Director, develop and oversee program and evaluation budgets
- A highly performing Program & Evaluation team lives out the organisation’s core values and enables the organization to achieve its goals
- Program & Evaluation team work is completed on time and within budget.
- Program & Evaluation team resources enable the organisation to achieve its goals
Internal & External Communication
- Ensure coherent and compelling communication of team plans, materials, and work products both within and outside the organization
- Model high-quality work and attention to detail in written and verbal communications
- Act as quality control on team work products, including providing feedback to staff to meet this bar
- Support the Executive Director in communicating program and evaluation content to cultivate and steward partnerships and donor relations
- All staff understand the aims and methodology of the program and can support them in her or his role.
- Become a respected organization in school leadership development. Local and regional organizations (donors, government, NGOs, etc.) seek advice and partnerships from the organisation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team and project management experience to scale and develop a proven program model.
The successful candidate will lead programs, spearhead learning and evaluation, and support three direct reports to be successful in their roles.
Specific requirements include:
- Belief that every student, in every circumstance can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence.
- A heart for international education and the belief that access to a quality education can transform lives.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong familiarity with the challenges faced by schools, families, and children in marginalized communities.
- Experience creating curriculum for teacher and school leaders.
- Experience working or living outside one’s home country.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience with a track record of influencing adults to change their beliefs and practices
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Ability to think strategically, drive analysis, and solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Commitment to learning and applying new ways of thinking to address entrenched challenges.
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, and retaining individuals and teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2739”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2739 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th April 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.