Recruitment Lead – Western and Nyanza
Exceptional professional with a passion for recruiting, working with people, and process improvement. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Location: Kakamega
Duration: Minimum two year’s commitment, full-time job.
The Recruitment Lead (Western & Nyanza) will oversee all the local hires at our headquarters and satellite offices in Kenya. They will focus on continually improving our existing recruitment processes and nature our recruitment team capacities to excellent service delivery. This will be labour intensive at some stages, thus the individual should have total commitment to streamlining the recruitment processes and objectively hire the best talent for the organization.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Western/Nyanza outreach activities by supporting One Acre Fund’s recruiting initiatives by cultivating strategic relationships for proactive recruitment
- Train and Manage the Recruitment Staff: You will train and manage the performance of recruitment team members. You will host monthly trainings, provide individualized feedback, and improve OAF Western /Nyanza capacities and capabilities.
- Act as a passionate ambassador of company, promoting the company as an employer of choice and delivering an outstanding experience for internal and external candidates
- Proactively research and evaluate new sourcing strategies and develop methods for innovative sourcing solutions
- Leverage online recruiting resources to source for quality candidates
- Maintain networks through internal and external networking & social media platforms
- Build a talent pool of qualified candidates for critical positions and develop a rapport with them for future openings
- Build and manage team of recruiters who will be remotely located at major towns of One Acre funds Operation
- Develop and execute successful recruiting strategies, setting hiring protocols and training hiring managers as needed
- Develop, maintain and report key recruitment KPI’S and continually upgrade recruitment tools/materials as per the current trends of recruiting
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their recruitment needs, develop and maintain hiring needs calendars
- Work with hiring manager to extend offers including quality checking candidates references
- Ensure effective and legal interviewing techniques are applied during interview process
- Facilitate and host remote interviews in satellite towns
- Maintain a collaborating partnership with HR leaders to ensure effective and high quality on boarding process
- Provide weekly and monthly recruitment reports to your supervisor
- Any related duty as requested by your supervisor
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with experience in human resources or recruiting, and a passion for working with people.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution preferably in HR
- Previous experience in the recruitment field locally (Kenya) in an NGO setting preferable
- Has extensive experience in hiring top of the notch candidates for an organisation
- Has head hunting experience
- 5 work experience in HR, 2 of which should be in a Management role
- Proficient knowledge of office packages (Excel/word/power point)
- Must be willing to live and work in Kakamega
- Must bring a Certificate of good conduct
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Benefits: Health insurance, housing stipend, transport stipend, airtime stipend