Duties and Responsibilities
1) Setting objectives and goals for the group, and allocating work to be done to meet those goals.
2) Dividing the work into manageable activities, and selects people to accomplish the tasks that need to be done.
3) Managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency;
4) Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control
5) Analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales
6) Analysing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning
7) Using information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning
8) Organising training and development
9) Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
10) Responding to customer complaints and comments
11) Organising special promotions, displays and events
12) Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
13) Touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers and identifying or resolving urgent issues
14) Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
15) Initiating changes to improve the business, e.g. opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market
16) Promoting the organisation locally by liaising with local schools, newspapers and the community in general
If you think you are the right person for the job, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com on or before 15th April, 2017.
Please note that we will only contact shortlisted candidates due to the high number of applications we expect to receive for these roles.