Retail Merchandiser – Agent for ICT Services
The Role: To sell goods in bulk that are purchased by end consumers or retail stores. Merchants also will engage in some marketing, order processing, customer service and technical assistance.
- Determine schedules by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Maintain stocks by observing displays of company products; removing damaged products; tidying stores and display spaces; providing optimum display of products.
- Maintain inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Complete call report by observing display and pricing of competitors’ products.
- Help field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Provide information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of retail centres in assigned territory.
- Maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Customer Focus, Organization, Client Relationships, Promotions,
- Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Territory Management, Competitive Analysis, Job Knowledge
- Must have post-secondary training, certificate or diploma in relevant field.
- Will be expected to have advertising or marketing background, however, much of the training will be performed on-the-job.
- Workers will be trained in maintaining inventory databases, online purchasing systems and electronic data interchange systems.
- The Merchants must be adept at keeping up to date with changing market forces and wholesale/retail selling technology.
Interested applicants to apply stating their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org