The Riara Group of Schools, a leading institution in the education industry, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of an Administrative Assistant.
This will be a short term contract.
The right candidate should be competent in working with an Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive telephone calls and take messages in the absence of the Director.
- Read, monitor and respond to email on behalf of the Director.
- Plan and organize meetings, appointments and prepare traveling itineraries where necessary.
- Take minutes during staff meetings, type and distribute them accordingly.
- Prepare presentations where required to.
- Manage and review filing.
- Order stationery and office equipment as and when needed.
- Maintain a neat, clean office at all times.
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
- A Diploma or Higher National Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant qualifications from a recognized university
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working at a similar level
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite of Packages
- Must have accuracy and keen attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time keeper and customer oriented.
- Professional appearance
- Interpersonal skills – must be able to communicate to external clients, upper management and other employees.
- Organizational skills – must be able to schedule meetings, file, make travel plans and keep the Director organized.
- Communication skills – must be able to develop superior communication, take minutes and listen well.
- Attention to detail
- Discretion – position holder will be privy to information that must be protected, so being able to maintain utmost confidentiality and exercise discretion is essential for success in this job.
- Computer Skills – must demonstrate ability to write emails, print and scan documents, create PowerPoint documents and use a variety of computer packages.
Qualified candidates to send applications;- updated Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter, current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to email@example.com with subject of the email as Administrative Assistant by close of business on Wednesday, 29th March 2017.
Please note that we do not charge interview candidates a fee at any point during the recruitment process.