Job Title: SACCO Coordinator
Job Code: SC/SC/170303
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Kibera Programs Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our Client is currently looking for a SACCO Coordinator to join their growing team, and to become a collaborative and important member of the organization’s team.
Job Scope: The job holder is responsible for day to day Sacco operations; an Accountant and Administrative Officer who manages the SACCO activities in collaboration with the SACCO Management Committee.
- Provide oversight to the SACCO operations and technical assistance to the SACCO Management Committee
- Develop necessary policy documents and regulations that would ensure smooth operations of the SACCO according to the set guidelines
- Ensure that all SACCO data and information is well documented and archived.
- Work in collaboration with the SHOFCO Metrics team to ensure that a proper information system is put in place to capture all SACCO data
- Monitor the operations of the SACCO and ensure that all set targets are attained within the set timelines.
- Work together with finance department in preparation, analysis and presentation of comprehensive, timely, reliable and compliant financial reports.
- Ensure that all financial documents are up to date and that books of accounts are well kept
- Provide guidance on the adoption and/or implementation of sound and up to date accounting systems.
- Ensure effective implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Management of the general and subsidiary ledgers in accordance with internationally accepted accounting and financial reporting standards and preparation of final accounts for audit
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Preparing and verifying monthly statements for members and keeping records
- Reconciling the bank account and performing other general accounting duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Attained CPA III and above
- Diploma in Co-operative Management, business management, microfinance, marketing, entrepreneurship or any other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have knowledge of SACCO accounting systems
- At least 2 years working experience with a reputable SACCO.
- Must be proficient in computer packages especially the Microsoft office suite
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: SACCO Coordinator
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only