Our client a specialist in medical laboratory services is looking to recruit a Scientific Officer (Laboratory Technologist)
Industry: Health sector (Laboratory diagnostics)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that sample (patient/ IQC/ EQA) processing takes place in a timely and error free manner.
- Specimen processing as per defined standard operating procedures (SOPs) and reporting of results within defined TAT.
- Ensure STAT & Critical value reporting as per lab’s policy. Process and report urgent samples on priority
- Storage of samples, controls and reagents to maintain their integrity.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment as defined and maintain records. In case of instrument breakdown communicate with respective biomedical engineers and Lab Supervisor.
- Ensure calibration and internal quality control is performed as defined in SOPs/ according to the ISO 15189 quality management system.
- Maintain IQC records, Levy Jennings (LJ) charts and quality indicator records on monthly basis. Take corrective measures as required.
- Ensuring receipt, processing, reporting & review of EQA surveys in a timely manner
- Maintaining and filing of documents and records according to ISO 15189 and KENAS requirements.
- Strict adherence to bio-safety measures during specimen collection, laboratory procedures, disposing of, storing and transportation of specimens.
- Assist in preparation and submitting of stock orders in time, keeping stock records and monitoring consumption. Minimize wastage of stock.
- Participating in training/refresher trainings to continuously improve technical knowledge.
- Doing walk-in client/ office/ home/ Clinical Trial/ medical camp & Health Check Up Blood Collection
- Diploma / higher national diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Medical laboratory sciences with a bias in haematology / microbiology
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience as a phlebotomist, strong IT skills, working knowledge of ISO 15189 standard will be added advantages.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV, KMLTTB registration certificate and 2017 KMLTTB license ONLY to email@example.com by close of business 29th March 2017, clearly indicating your salary expectation and date of availability.