Function / Department: Security
Position Title: Security Manager (Logistics Company)
Reports To: Managing Director Kenya
Supervises: Security Controllers, Supervisors, third party security service providers
Responsible for implementation risk-based security standards and the methods for maintaining and improving standards of loss prevention, investigations, security planning, governance and compliance with regard to operational implementation and procedural control.
Determine threats, identify risks and vulnerabilities to the organization, research security breaches and recommend corrective actions to reduce losses
- Head of Business Units
- Managing Director
- QHSE Manager
- Legal Manager
- HR Manager
- All staff
- Law enforcement
- Third Party relationships on loss prevention
- Client Security officers
Role Description: This role will promote best practices in support of company-wide Security initiatives. The candidate will be responsible to review current security procedures and identify best-in-class modifications.
They will identify trends based on data, identify patterns and create corrective actions.
Additionally they will manage day-to-day tactical items: trucks and loads, collaborating with 3PLs and security teams in multiple sites.
- Enforcement of KPIs.
- Experience in Infrastructure Security Operations & Monitoring & Reporting is required. They will assist in addressing security risk scenarios such as massive security breaches.
- Monitor and coordinate compliance activity with security policies.
- Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control.
- Manage and develop Security staff.
- Determine threats, identify risks and vulnerabilities to the organization, research security breaches recommend and deploy corrective actions.
- Lead investigation complex investigation activities concerning losses and other incidents within Supply chain and Logistics; conduct due diligence and audits to assess Security.
- Ensure compliance to internal standards by means of supporting the Global Security Risk Compliance Audit team in defining the requirements for the Company; collaborate and provide expertise in conducting internal security audits; partner with appropriate stakeholders to implement effective audit programs to detect, prevent and resolve losses.
- Contribute to reduce business losses on security incidents and related claims by identifying and understanding vulnerabilities and implementing the appropriate means and measures to protect transported assets.
- Calm and sturdy under pressure
- Effective investigations and problem solver
- Good Communication skills
- Excellent Computer skills
- Demonstrated competency in developing cost effective security solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Experience in Infrastructure Security Operations & Monitoring & Reporting is required
- Analysis and Judgment
- Able to work independently as well as team with others as needed. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and be proactive.
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects and assignments.
- Strong investigative & analytical skills
- Solid loss prevention experience in commercial supply chain networks from environments such as, but not limited to, fast moving consumer goods, healthcare, processed foods pharmaceuticals, tobacco, consumer electronics or Risk management consultancy
- Security management for high value, high risk products and commodities
- Degree in Criminal justice, Security, Legal, Forensics, Supply chain management or a related field.
Security investigations, loss prevention courses.
- SAP, SPEED, Manhattan or other ERP software programs training
- Audit training
- Salary Range KSh. 250, 000 – 350, 000
- Car Allowance
- Fuel Allowance
- Communication Allowance
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews