Vacancy: Senior Investment Analyst – Nairobi
Job Summary: We are looking for a team leader in a boutique investment company to manage all aspects of the investment process including the origination, evaluation, structuring, execution and exit stages.
This position reports to the CEO.
S/he also provides administrative support to the organization.
i. Deal origination
- Conduct country, industry and company research to identify target opportunities.
- Maintain a data base of relevant country, industry and company research from sources such as annual reports, newspaper reports, journals and trade magazines among others.
- Review Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Screen investment prospects.
- Prepare fact sheets and preliminary summary investment reviews.
- Manage the data base of prospects.
- Update and maintain the deal flow schedule.
- Ensure reject or proceed communications are delivered to target.
ii. Developing and validating the investment case
- Prepare and present investment proposals
- Prepare a preliminary and final investment review.
- Develop and maintain the financial model.
- Support in conducting due diligences.
- Maintain the transaction file and ensure all current information is documented.
iii. Structuring and making the investment
- Strategy generation for portfolio companies.
- Support in financial, tax and legal structuring of the transaction.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and file maintenance with respect to the closing process.
- Follow up with stock brokers and custodians to ensure appropriate execution and proper custody of the asset.
iv. Portfolio monitoring, administration, reporting and managing the value creation process
- Prepare a value creation plan.
- Prepare comprehensive semi-annual investment reviews.
- Build and update financial valuation models for portfolio investments.
- Prepare Board and Board Committee reports.
- Review portfolio company board and committee papers and provide appropriate advice to Companies representative on the Board on what the salient issues are.
- Prepare annual portfolio plans that recommend whether to exit or maintain Companies position.
- Prepare documentation to support an exit case including financial models.
- Prepare market documentation including teasers and information memorandums among others.
- Maintain the database of potential buyers and manage communication with them.
- Build and maintain a data room.
- Maintain and ensure proper documentation of the exit process.
vi. Administrative and routine responsibilities
- Prepare weekly portfolio status reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual investment income and investment budgets.
- Liaise with and manage external investment advisors and brokers;
- Work closely with the Risk Officer to ensure risks identified are mitigated with respect to potential investors.
- Ensure that the files for prospective investments and portfolio companies are properly maintained.
- Prepare valuations for financial reporting purpose
Vii. People management
- Supervise, coach, train and provide work guidance for Senior Analysts/Analysts.
- Handle projects assigned by the CEO including periodic review of the strategic plan.
- Assist in various corporate initiatives such as the preparation of the annual report, investor briefings, web site design, preparation of corporate documentation and manuals and design and preparation of corporate business development material.
- Prepare investor briefing presentations.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the CEO.
Judgement and decision-making
- The jobholder makes routine decisions within laid down company procedures.
- S/he liaises with the Associate and Investment Principal in various investment decisions including the approval of investment prospects, selection of investment brokers to partner with and investment targets among others.
- An undergraduate degree preferably in Finance or Accounting and professional accounting qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or CFA.
- Investment training would be an added advantage.
- Two years relevant experience preferably in a financial services institution.
Key Competencies & Technical Skill
- Self driven individual able to deliver results under minimal supervision
- Financial acumen and sound commercial awareness
- Strong financial modelling skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Communication/presentation skills
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
All applications including detailed curriculum vitae should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th April 2017.