Senior Procurement Officer
Reports to: Human Resource & Administration Manager
This role is responsible for overseeing the procurement function to ensure that all procurement is undertaken as per laid down laws, rules and regulations, while enforcing transparency and accountability in the procurement process to ensure value for money. S/he will work in close collaboration with site teams and KARP staff
Description of Key Duties
- Provide technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high quality, materials, goods and services.
- Prepare strategic procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, funding sources as well as expected outcomes.
- Develop and implement flexible and responsive procurement and stores management system for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining up-to-date inventory of goods and services.
- Develop detailed tender specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of capital equipment, goods and services in strict compliance with the organizations approved policy as well as donor requirements.
- Provide oversight to sourcing in support of project activities and conduct training on procurement, sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance.
- Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Ensuring user departments adhere to procurement plans in line with budgets;
- Carrying out market surveys, monitor and evaluate performance of the supply chain function; Ensuring sound partnerships with suppliers, clients and relevant government agencies;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy;
- Establishing, in liaison with the relevant departments and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services;
- Reviewing the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective
- Managing an annual supplier pre-qualification exercise;
- Managing the disposal of obsolete and disposable items.
- Secretary to the ad hoc disposal/procurement committee;
- Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably assigned.
- High Integrity
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Result oriented
- Proven knowledge in computer skills
- Good knowledge of Social Teachings of the Church and Ethical Principles
Applications should be addressed to:-
The General Secretary
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 24th March 2017
Candidates to only submit application letters and CV’s. Academic certificates and testimonials will be needed if candidates are shortlisted.
NB: Please include the Position Title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted