Job Title: Service Deliver Manager – Nairobi
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Chief Technical Officer
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO), the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) – Nairobi is fully in charge of all service delivery, customer service, customer support, customer maintenance activities in Kenya, with specific emphasis for Nairobi and Central Regions.
In the Coast and Western regions, he/she will work closely with the respective SDMs stationed in the respective regions.
The role entails services delivery (implementations and modifications) and the provision of customer services (phone support, field support) to company customers (corporate and retail) in Kenya.
The role is responsible/accountable for:
- Service delivery, customer service, customer support and customer maintenance activities in Kenya for retail customers – HAI customers, supported by the Hai support team.
- Service delivery, customer service, customer support and customer maintenance activities in Kenya for corporate customers, supported by the Customer Support Services team.
- The successful, timely and efficient services implementation and delivery to new and existing customers. This could be new services, modifications of existing services (upgrades, downgrades, terminations) or maintenance of existing services. Supported by the Customer Implementations team.
1. Managing of third party relations including KPLC, KETRACO, KENHA, KURA and the County Government.
2. Gather adequate market knowledge to guide strategic and tactical decisions for purposes of achieving and sustaining effective competitive positioning of the region
4. Attend management, strategic and routine meetings.
5. Develop standard procedures in for Services Delivery and implementations
– Define and document customer life cycle services expectations
– Development of standards and best practices in service delivery and implementations
– Documentation and maintenance of standard operating procedures and processes – Guarantee service delivery within agreed customer SLAs – Clear workflows
6. Customer Service and support
– Development of service benchmarks
– Achievement and exceeding of service benchmarks
– Quick resolution of faults
– Implementation of churn prevention measures
– Dealing with customer escalations and meeting their expectations
– Continuous quest to get feedback and improve the customer experience – Working closely with all company Technical Teams to ensure that: o Customer affecting faults are resolved timeously and communicated to customers
- Persistent network problems affecting service delivery are highlighted and escalated for timely and permanent resolution
7. Customer Implementations team
– Well defined and effective customers implementation processes
– Revenue is realized as soon as possible, within CIT guidelines
– All new customers are happy with the onboarding process
– Working closely with all company Teams including the Customer Implementations Manager and company appointed/certified contractors to ensure:
- All Customer installations and customer maintenance service calls are attended to and completed within the agreed SLA timelines
- All escalations from company customers relating to Technical issues are well managed and resolved on a timely basis
8. Relationship building
– Excellent relations between your team and the rest of the company
– Excellent relations between company, its customers and service delivery contractors
– Attend meetings with customers, both proactive and reactive. Relationship building with key customers
9. Team building
– Quality leadership to achieve and sustain optimal motivation, commitment and participation of staff to achieve personal and company objectives
– Maintain effective Customer Implementation teams, retail & corporate
– Maintain effective and inspired Services Delivery teams, retail & corporate
– Clear definition of roles and responsibilities of each team member
– The right people in the right positions
– Development of their skills and knowledge
– Performance management for the teams. Appropriate key performance indicators are set and regularly reviewed
– Foster team work
– Development and documentation of yearly and quarterly departmental plans
– Succession planning at all levels
– Keeping track of new industry trends and technologies
– Financial management including, review and vetting technical invoices, completion certificates, and quotations from company Contractors
– Monitoring and optimization of costs in Service Delivery, adherence to budgets and regular reviews for improvement
– Ensuring COS is in line with the budget
– Regular and appropriate implementation of cost cutting measures. Management of costs in services provision
– Convert customer problems into up/cross selling opportunities
Qualified persons to apply at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted