Opportunities at SMEC
About SMEC: SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC is a member of the Surbana Jurong Group of Companies.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company registered in Australia
- We have an established network of over 75 permanent offices around the world and over 6,000 employees.
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Water; Hydropower and Energy; Transport; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services and Mining, Oil and Gas.
The Role: This Architect’s role is to provide conceptual designs and architectural requirements in collaboration with an interdisciplinary project team towards quality delivery of a master plan for a major development focused around a rail transport hub
- Develops architectural concepts and designs as required for the development of a master plan.
- Collaborates with an interdisciplinary planning and design team towards an efficient, cost-effective, timely, and high quality delivery of assignments.
- Prepares architectural content for technical reports and reviews outputs for quality assurance before submission to the Client
- Undertakes the specific tasks from the TOR that are applicable to an expert in Architecture
- Develops and manages good and effective relationships with the clients and other stakeholders.
- Undertakes activities to build the capacity of the staff identified by the client through coaching and mentoring.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (preferably a Master’s Degree), in Architecture from a recognized university.
- Must be registered with an architectural association.
- Must have a current practicing license from an architectural association or related body.
- Should demonstrate experience in planning mixed land-use developments.
- Should have at least three years’ experience since registration,
- Should have at least 10 years’ overall experience including at least 5 years’ experience in consulting.
All candidates should possess the following Knowledge and Skills;
- Excellent technical writing skills (mandatory).
- Experience in preparing project reports, and/or publications.
- Excellent English language skills (mandatory)
- Regional experience in Sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CVs quoting the job title on the email subject to, email@example.com on or before 31 March 2017.