Opportunities at SMEC
About SMEC: SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC is a member of the Surbana Jurong Group of Companies.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company registered in Australia
- We have an established network of over 75 permanent offices around the world and over 6,000 employees.
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Water; Hydropower and Energy; Transport; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services and Mining, Oil and Gas.
The Role: We are currently seeking Financial Expert for a Project Opportunity in Nairobi.
This Financial Expert’s role is to provide services in financial planning, financial viability analysis of projects, project financing, and cost-benefit analysis and investment appraisals for a major mixed use development focused around a rail transport hub.
- Conducts financial viability analysis and develops reports for proposed developments.
- Prepares possible financing methods and options in order to realize projects.
- Prepares quality project technical reports for submission to the Client.
- Undertakes the specific tasks from the TOR that are applicable to financial expert.
- Undertakes activities to support financial Investment analysis and financial appraisals of projects.
- Develops and manages good and effective relationships with the clients and other stakeholders.
- Undertakes activities to build the capacity of the staff identified by the client through coaching and mentoring.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (preferably a Master’s Degree), in related discipline from a recognized university.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body such as Institute of Certified Public Accountants or related body.
- Must have a current practicing license from an Institute of Certified Public Accountants or related body.
- Should have at least 10 years’ overall experience including at least 5 years’ experience in consulting.
- Should demonstrate experience in large scale project developments.
- Should have at least three years’ experience since registration.
- Extensive knowledge in financial planning, financial viability analysis of projects.
- Experience in project financing, cost-benefit analysis and investment appraisals in major mixed land use development projects.
All candidates should possess the following Knowledge and Skills;
- Excellent technical writing skills (mandatory).
- Experience in preparing project reports, and/or publications.
- Excellent English language skills (mandatory)
- Regional experience in Sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CVs quoting the job title on the email subject to, email@example.com on or before 31 March 2017.