Opportunities at SMEC
About SMEC: SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC is a member of the Surbana Jurong Group of Companies.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company registered in Australia
- We have an established network of over 75 permanent offices around the world and over 6,000 employees.
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Water; Hydropower and Energy; Transport; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services and Mining, Oil and Gas.
The Role: We are currently seeking Land Economist for a Project Opportunity in Nairobi.
This Land Economist’s role is to provide services in real estate management, land valuations, real estate projects appraisals, market analysis of the real estate projects for a major mixed use development focused around a rail transport hub.
- Conducts analysis of proposed land use and investment appraisal.
- Undertakes real estate market analysis and develop reports.
- Prepares real estate development proposal.
- Prepares quality project technical reports for submission to the Client.
- Undertakes the specific tasks from the TOR that are applicable to Land Economist.
- Undertakes activities to support land valuations, real estate projects appraisals, market analysis of the real estate projects.
- Develops and manages good and effective relationships with the clients and other stakeholders.
- Undertakes activities to develop program and build the capacity of the staff identified by the client through coaching and mentoring.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (preferably a Master’s Degree), in Land Economics or related discipline from a recognized university.
- Must be registered with the Institution of Surveyors.
- Must have a current practicing license.
- Should have at least 10 years overall experience including at least 5 years’ experience in consulting.
- Should demonstrate experience in mixed land use developments.
- Should have at least three years’ experience since licensing.
- Extensive knowledge in land valuations, real estate projects appraisals.
- Experience in real estate management, market analysis of the real estate projects in major mixed land use development projects.
All candidates should possess the following Knowledge and Skills;
- Excellent technical writing skills (mandatory).
- Experience in preparing project reports, and/or publications.
- Excellent English language skills (mandatory)
- Regional experience in Sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CVs quoting the job title on the email subject to, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 March 2017.