Vacancy: Procurement Officer
Travel requirement: 50%
Direct Reporting: Retail Manager
Indirect Reporting: Warehouse Manager
Company Profile & Job Specification: Solar Kiosk is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries.
It is based out of Berlin (Germany) and currently has six subsidiaries in Africa and projects in three continents.
Flat hierarchies, a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making, cordial teamwork and a dynamic and innovative business environment characterize our company.
The procurement officer will support in ensuring quality and timely procurement of goods and services in the most cost effective manner while adhering to laid down policies and procedures for SKKL.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate the procurement processes.
- Consolidate and review replenishment orders from field team, review current stock so as to order for goods and services in a timely manner from suppliers.
- Process purchase requisitions /orders.
- Be in charge of the purchase of office equipment for the organization, contact suppliers, and research offers and quotations.
- Forecasting of stock levels to predict purchases for kiosks and ensure the warehouse is always stocked. Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Interact with suppliers on a day to day basis negotiate for best market prices, payment period, deal with non supplied, under orders, over orders, expired notice and damaged goods.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Ensure supplier reconciliation is done in accordance to procedure and follow up to ensure deadlines for payments to suppliers are met.
- Resolve any irregularities and non-compliance issues with suppliers and vendors concerning purchase orders, payments or any conditions of purchase.
- Analyse market and delivery systems to assess present and future goods availability and advice Retail Manager.