Strategic Information (SI) Advisor
Reports to: Deputy Director – Clinical Services and Delivery
The SI Advisor will be responsible for leading the overall SI strategy for a faith-based HIV prevention, care and treatment project in Western Kenya. The SI Advisor will work with the project team, sub-grant partners and GoK to identify and address facility-level and regional capacity gaps in M&E and SI. He/She will develop and direct SI work plans and provide strategic guidance on SI capacity building and mentorship to both faith-based affiliated sites and KCCB KARP staff. He/she will provide onsite mentoring and skills-building initiatives at both site and regions on HIV&AIDS SI issues.
Description of Key Duties
- Provide technical assistance to KCCB KARP and stakeholders on SI and M&E
- Develop – in conjunction with stakeholders – a realistic, accurate and cost-effective project M&E work plan and strategy in conjunction with program staff.
- Develop and refine existing clinic and community-based reporting systems, indicators for HIV care and treatment, training and improved enabling environment.
- Integrate HIV SI activities into wider HSS and strategic objectives at faith-based affiliated sites.
- Support HMIS/EMR(IQCare) to ensure timely and accurate entry of reports into the electronic data bases
- Take lead in analyzing and writing of monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual programmatic performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines
- Facilitates data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of project activity monitoring data reported by all sites, through quarterly data verification and auditing visits.
- Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data, through the regional level and facility level review meetings between the program, the county teams and health care workers.
- Facilitate implementation of capacity building courses through workshops and on the job trainings on monitoring, evaluation and reporting as required for data clerks and the health workers
- Provide guidance and support to the program in the implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators;
- Supervise the Regional Data Managers working at the regions
- Liaise and manage relationships with clients/donors, government officials, and public and private sector organizations; serve as program SI representative on technical working group.
- Prepare written reports, strategy documents, presentations, models, analyses, and recommendations.
- Develop innovative SI toolkits and operating procedures and implement methodologies.
- Provide technical assistance to promote evaluation strategies to promote data usage and ownership that enhance program and services and enhance sustainability
- Coordinate with the CQI advisor to provide technical support to the program, the data clerks and health care workers in data utilization to inform continuous quality improvement.
- Participate and support in routine program review meetings and other reviews as required.
- Supervises the entry of verified KCCB KARP programmatic data that is compliant with all MOH/PEPFAR/OGAC/CDC reporting requirements for DATIM, DHIS, EMR and SIMS
- Any other duties that may be reasonably assigned.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The General Secretary
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 24th March 2017
Candidates to only submit application letters and CV’s. Academic certificates and testimonials will be needed if candidates are shortlisted.
NB: Please include the Position Title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted