WASH Project Officer
CMMB is a global non – governmental, humanitarian and development organization with a special focus on making healthcare available to all.
CMMB Kenya is urgently seeking a suitable candidate for the following vacancy:
Job Title: WASH Project Officer
Duty Station: Mutomo, Kitui
Reports to: Country Director
Start Date: Immediate
The WASH Project Officer will generally oversee the implementation of Public Health and Social Aspects of WASH project in Athi ward in Kitui South sub-county.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation and monitoring of WASH project activities appropriate to members of the community including children and women.
- Facilitation of the Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) approach through which WASH activities can be implemented.
- Identification of key hygiene practices to be addressed in schools, health facilities and in homes and to engage the community in defining appropriate communication strategies for safe WASH practices.
- Mobilization of the affected communities for participation in design, construction, operation, and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Undertaking water quality (microbial, physical and chemical) analysis and purification of water using potable water quality kit, as per water quality technical guidelines approved by the government/WHO.
- Creation of channels for dialogue (water user committees, Parents and Teachers Associations, schools administration and county water departments to ensure appropriate technical and social interventions in order to secure outcome, impact and sustainability.
- Contributing towards development of the WASH program implementation approaches, strategies and the overall (CMMB Children and Mothers Partnerships (CHAMPS) strategy in Kitui.
- Identification of training needs and organizing the appropriate trainings.
- Ensuring technical and programmatic quality of the WASH project
- Assisting in preparation of WASH implementation plans or proposals for possible funding.
- Ensuring that program inputs are procured, handled and distributed responsibly.
- Sensitize the community both formally and informally on their role in sustainable water supply and hygiene practices.
- Assists in the development and/or introduction of new policies, approaches, methods and practices in WASH.
Interested applicants should submit their CV, cover letter, copy of testimonials and three referees and daytime telephone to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted not later than 20th March 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.