Accounts Clerk – Nyeri County
Job Brief: We are looking for a skilled Accounting clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks in service industry medium company located in Nyeri County.
Accounting clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements.
You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. Quickbooks, sage) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
A successful accounting clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with cash book.
- Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the computer; processing backups.
- Verifies financial reports by running performance analysis software program.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (Quickbooks, Sage)
- Maintain a fixed assets register
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Accounting Technicians Diploma (ATD). CPA will be an added advantage
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Well organized
Remuneration: An attractive package will be provided, commensurate with the skills and experience
of the successful candidate(s).
Experience: At least 2 years of continuous work experience in a similar position
If you are interested and confident that you meet the outlined Qualifications and Skills, send your CV with 3 referees and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, 21st April , 2017
Clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.