An Exciting Career Opportunity
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a premier capacity building institution devoted to the advancement of research and training to inform economic policies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
AERC, which marked 25 years in 2013, was formed to address a glaring gap in economic policy analysis and research, coupled with a need to strengthen postgraduate training in economics, in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are seeking to fill the following position which will be a short time assignment for three (3) months.
IT Technical Support and Development
Reporting to the ICT Manager your duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide IT helpdesk support and ensuring timely and responsive operational support meeting prescribed SLA’s
- Develop an online portal automating and integrating proposal submission, reviews and publication workflows
- Upgrade the organizations SharePoint intranet to include customized project management and integrated monitoring and evaluation functionality
- Assist with eliciting and developing requirements for a document management system, benchmarked with industry standards and comparable organizations
- Working with end users to define system requirements, identify a suitable digital library system and provide technical support for its implementation
- Assist with carrying out general user awareness and training geared towards improving adoption of IT across the organization
- Continuous updating of the ICT asset and software inventory
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the ICT Manager.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in IT related field
- At least two (2) years’ experience in software development and IT user support
Key Skills & Competencies
- Working knowledge of SharePoint development
- Experience with VB.NET and/or PHP development and API integrations
- Experience in supporting MS. Windows user environments
- Customer service orientation
- Good communication skills
For more information on AERC, you can visit our website on www.aercafrica.org