Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Are you a Business Development star who excels at spotting great clients for your business?
Do you pride yourself on your ability to build great business relationships by understanding your client’s needs?
Are you excited about empowering the next generation of Africa’s business leaders?
AMI is looking for a sophisticated Senior Business Development Manager to grow their portfolio by bringing new corporate customers on board.
The successful candidate will focus on building AMI’s portfolio of clients by seeking out, building and nurturing business relationships through consultative selling.
The African Management Initiative (AMI) helps businesses across Africa build motivated, productive and effective workforces through unique learning and transformation programs.
They have developed Africa’s first online social learning platform (web and mobile), that combines cutting-edge technology, world-class content, in-person workshops and innovative coaching and feedback tools.
AMI have reached over 10,000 individuals and are already working with dozens of organizations in East and Southern Africa including businesses, investment funds, business associations and NGOs.
This role offers an opportunity for a motivated, business savvy sales person to build on their business development skills in an environment that encourages professional growth.
The successful applicant would play a part in empowering the next generation of African business leaders.
Lead generation and deal closure:
- Understand how to leverage corporate training programs to optimize employee performance, by having a strong grasp on what a business needs to perform well. Confidently translate this value proposition to customers.
- Generate leads by identifying and initiating relationships with suitable potential clients. Be persistent in pursuing leads and maturing them to closed sales.
- Understand the B2B sales cycle of a service and nurture relationships through each phase leading to a signed deal. Win the trust of decision makers involved in the process.
- Use active listening to understand customer’s needs and packages AMI products as the solution to their needs.
- Socially customize the product to best fit the client, and consult the program manager when products need to be bespoke to client needs and budgets.
- Build and maintains trust and rapport with existing and potential customer.
Sales planning and strategy:
- Prioritize multiple leads in order to maintain a healthy sales pipeline and meet targets.
- Strategically maintain and grow a network of potential clients through events, relationships with professional bodies, etc.
Does this sound like you?
- 5-9 years’ sales experience, preferably selling consulting or business services (B2B)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of and previous experience in relationship management
- Experience creating training presentations, writing proposals and other business documents
- Previous experience managing a full sales cycle and maintaining client accounts
- Energized by working in an entrepreneurial or high-growth environment
- Demonstrate AMI values: conscientious, committed, enterprising, ethical
- Organized and diligent, able to manage own administration
- Basic ability to use Sales Force or other CRM systems
CLICK HERE to apply online