Our Client, Amica Savings & Credit Ltd wishes to recruit a competent individual to fill the position of Assistant Credit Manager / Credit Risk Analyst.
This position will be based at the Head Office, Muranga Town
Key Responsibilities: Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Assistant Manager, will be responsible for analyzing credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money as well as preparation of relevant reports for use in decision-making.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Proactively Identify all material operational risks across the head office, branches and at each business unit level as per the Bank’s approved risk identification methodology
- Periodic review and update of Sacco’s Operational Risk Management Framework to ensure it is effective, current, and complies with best practice at all times by undertaking the
- Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
- Confer with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
- Complete loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees for approval.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the Bank’s operational risk tools (risk register, key risk indicators, risk and control self-assessments, etc.)
- Prepare timely, comprehensive and reliable risk reports to senior management and Board on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers’ financial status.
- Review individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.
- Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
- Consult with customers to resolve complaints and verify financial and credit transactions.
- Develop robust key operational risk indicators to serve as early warning indicators of increased risk, with appropriate risk threshold levels to provide a sound platform for the effective monitoring of operational risk exposures.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Actuarial or Economics and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- At least five (5) years’ experience in busy Credit Department in a Financial Institution.
- Excellent analytical planning, organizing, and time management skills, good communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating current and expected remuneration package to: email@example.com; by 22th April 2017.