Our Client, Amica Savings & Credit Ltd wishes to recruit a competent individual to fill the position of Internal Audit Assistant.
This position will be based at the Head Office, Muranga Town
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the Assistant Internal Auditor will be expected to contribute to the successful delivery of the annual plan of internal audit department activities by ensuring the successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtain and review evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Ensure adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Delivery from planning to completion of the programme of work set out by the internal auditor as part of the continuous auditing element of the Internal Audit Plan
- Updating the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quarterly basis, auditing resolved issues and preparing the quarterly status report for review by the internal auditor
- Conducting other audit work as directed by the internal auditor in line with the Internal Audit Plan
- Presentation of working papers in line with International Internal Auditing Standards for review by the internal auditor
- Delivery of professional written draft reports and practical value added recommendations on issues arising during audit work
- Perform special audit-related projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics, and relevant professional certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA) as well as proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience of working in an audit environment in a financial institution.
- Excellent audit, accounting, communication and interpersonal skills with strong organization and planning skills as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assigned audits in line with the Audit Plan
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating current and expected remuneration package to: email@example.com by 22th April 2017.